Wednesday, August 16, 2017

My first try at eyeshadow: beginner's stuggle



If you're like me and you love makeup but don't know how to do it like the make up gurus then you'll relate to this post. Last Saturday, I got a new eye shadow palette to add to my Nyx collection, but then I realised that I am shit when it comes to eye shadow. Don't get me wrong, I love makeup as much as the next girl, but the learning a new skill is almost impossible.

It took me over 2 years to get my brows to look ok 
(NOT EVEN ON FLEEK).  

*sigh* I gusess it's safe to say that I'm average when it comes to eyebrows, lipstick and mascara.But I'm an amateur when it's eyeliner and I'm HORRIBLE when it comes to eye shadow. But alas, I must try to get a presentable look because I need a look for KL Fashion week 2017. No way am I attending that with my basic eyebrows, foundation and lip balm look.

After a few hours of testing, i managed to get this very basic look. Comment which side looks better!





THE STRUGGLE OF BEING A BEGINNER 


1. Not having/knowing the appropriate brush to use





This is all I freaking got, and I'm not even sure they're even for eyeshadow. I think one of them is for eye liner or something(?). I got all of them shopee. I'm sorry I don't have money to buy brushes.


2. What the F is a transition colour?
I only have these colours I literally don't know the difference.



3. Getting a black eye instead of a smokey eye

Looking like a panda/racoon. Overall a mess. The right side reminds me of prince zuuko from Avatar HAHAHAHA.


See the family resemblance? I'm Zuko's sister, Azula. HAHAHHA
4. Blaming your eye shape


"I don't have the ang moh eyes so those styles wont suit me"
I don't know about you guys but I do this so often. I watch a tutorial, attempt it, fail and then blame my eyes. dammit cut crease!

5. Feeling shitty after seeing asian beauty gurus make it look easy
*can't blame eye shape anymore"


That's all for my post, I hope y'all enjoyed it.
Comment below what you would add to this list!!
Ciao, see you in the next one


1 comment: